Kilmaveonaig is one of the very few old churches still in the procession of the Scottish Episcopal Church.
Here, St. Adamnan preached in the 7th Century. Long before 1275 it was a Parish Church and was re-built in 1591 by Robertson of Lude. For some years the four parish Churches of Blair Atholl, Struan, Lude and Kilmaveonaig, continued to be used, the episcopal service being held in Lude and Kilmaveonaig. In Kilmaveonaig it continues to this day.
About 1700 the four parishes were combined into Blair Atholl and Struan, and Kilmaveonaig came into the procession of the Episcopalian Laird of Lude and was rebuilt in 1794.
In 1856, displeased by the incumbent, Bishop Wordsworth closed Kilmaveonaig, but later, occasional services were held there and further renovations were carried out.
With a Priest-in-Charge from 1899, Kilmaveonaig became a mission church of Holy Trinity in Pitlochry.
It remained so until January 2015 when, with the arrival of Rev. Liz Baker, it became part of the new Linked Charge of Highland Perthshire, along with Holy Trinity, Pitlochry; St. Andrew’s, Strathtay; and All Saints, Kinloch Rannoch.