The Episcopal Church of All Saints, Kinloch Rannoch was consecrated in 1864 having been built by General Sir John Macdonald of Dunalastair. Sir John was responsible for building much of the village of Kinloch Rannoch (including the Episcopal Church and the MacDonald Arms Hotel -now called the Dunalastair Hotel) the Macdonald family mausoleum can be found at the east end of the church (Please note this is not open to the public).
Before All Saints was built local Episcopalians were served by St Georges Chapel at Tummel Bridge, where they apparently thrived in the early 1800’s following the repeal of the Penal Laws which were enacted after the 1715 & 1745 Rebellions.
Today nothing remains of the Chapel except its 1812 Communion Silverware now in the safekeeping of All Saints.
Sadly, most of the records of the church were lost some years ago but we do know that it cost £950.10.0 to build, raised by subscription by the Rev Charles Robertson, the Chaplain of Tummel Bridge from 1859 – 1890, and by Mrs Robertson of Struan. All Saints is a beautiful little church with many interesting stained-glass windows and a beautiful painted ceiling above the Chancel and Altar.
The congregation of All Saints’ is made up of members who were born into the Scottish Episcopal Church and English incomers who have discovered that north of the border the Scottish Episcopal Church is the sister church of the Church of England within the Anglican family. So, in the holiday season All Saints’ provides a spiritual home for Anglicans from all parts of the globe visiting Scotland.
In 2015 All Saints became part of the Highland Perthshire Linked Charge which includes Holy Trinity, Pitlochry, Kilmaveonaig, Blair Atholl and St Andrews, Strathtay. For further details of the HPLC please contact our Rector Rev Liz Baker
Services are taken by either the Rector or visiting clergy who can use the church's cottage (Keeper’s Cottage) for holidays.